Cosmetic Dentistry – Lumineers
Lumineers are a special form of dental veneer made by CERINATE. Unlike standard dental veneers, Lumineers are ultra thin like a contact lens and consequently can be fitted without the need to grind away significant portions of the tooth. Similarly to standard veneers, lumineers are very effective for disguising misshapen or discoloured teeth and for closing unsightly space or gaps to form a complete 'smilemakeover'
Lumineers are made from a patented Cerinate porcelain using a proprietary process only available from the Cerinate Smile Design Studio.
Cosmetic Dental Lumineers – the process:
- your cosmetic dentist will make and apply a special mould to your teeth. The impression formed is then sent to the Cerinate Studios where the specially crafted lumineers are designed and made
- during a second visit to your cosmetic dentist, you will be tested with the lumineers to ensure a comfortable fit. To ensure a good keying surface, the tooth will be slightly etched but remember that there is no painful removal of the sensitive tooth structure unlike normal veneer techniques. The lumineers are bonded into place with a special 'curing' light
- a final visit to your dentist will be necessary after a few weeks to ensure that the lumineers have settled correctly and pain free
Advantages of Dental Lumineers:
- made from a very strong but very thin patented 'cerinate' material
- no need to remove sensitive tooth material during the fitting process
- essentially pain free
- complete in 2 -3 visits to your cosmetic dentist
- clinically proven to last up to 20 years
Disadvantages of Dental Lumineers:
- there are very few disadvantages to lumineers when compared with standard dental veneers. However, not all cosmetic dentists can fit lumineers as they have to be registered with the sole supplier in the USA - the Cerinate Smile Design Studio
Lumineers are a fantastic cosmetic dentistry alternative to standard veneers for stained, miscoloured, misaligned or chipped teeth.
However as with all cosmetic dentistry treatments, lumineers should only be fitted by a trained cosmetic dentist so please do you research thoroughly.
Please read on to discover more facts about other popular cosmetic dentistry techniques...... 'Cerec'
- Tooth whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Implants
- Gum contouring
- Celebrity Smile Makeover
- Fear of the dentist
- UK Cosmetic Dentists
- Featured UK Practices
- Overseas Cosmetic Dentists
- Featured Overseas Practices
- Cosmetic Dentistry Abroad
- Contact Us